Begin by letting your friends to vote on what distro you should install.
If they vote for Gentoo, you are now entitled to play the Gentoo Drinking Game.
Note: the two “other” votes were for Windows XP SP3 and Windows Vista.
Gather some friends and your laptop. Go to the pub.
Install Gentoo. Follow these rules:
Take a drink…
- Every 5 minutes
- Every time you fail to do something on the first try
- Every time you have to Google something
- If you ask the bar staff if they know how to install Gentoo
Finish your drink…
- If you mess the install up so badly you have to start again
- If you give up
Continue playing until…
- Gentoo has been installed
- You are far too inebriated to continue
- The pub wifi proves too slow to download the Stage 3 tarball and everyone gets bored of waiting
Some quotes from our attempt
This is a bad idea and will go horribly ~ Alex
I don’t know what the f*ck I’m doing ~ Tom
You’re now in charge of his jobs ~ Chris, speaking to Alex
I nominate Bailey Dawson as the new social exec ~ Alex, in response
Let’s just assume I made my partition table correctly… ~ Tom
If you make your own attempt at playing the Gentoo Drinking Game, let us know how it goes!